Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recipe #7 Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner with Basil and Olive Oil Pasta Salad

HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY!!!!!!
I figured this was a prefect recipe to add to my sweet blog for today! I love corned beef sandwich! This recipe is made in the crock pot and you can put pretty much whatever you want in the crock pot like potatoes, celery, carrots, cabbage. I didn't want to make potatoes in there because I was making a pasta salad as my side. But you can serve this as a sandwich with rye bread mustard and swiss cheese or eat it by itself! Yum I hope you enjoy!













Serving Size: 8
INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 corned beef brisket, about 3 pounds

  • 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced

  • 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced

  • 1  small cabbage, about 2 pounds

  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

  • 1 1/2 cups water



  • DIRECTIONS:
    1. Slice up the celery and carrots and place on the bottom of the crock pot.  Place corned beef on vegetables. Add the water and then sprinkle with the pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Cut up the cabbage and place under the corned beef. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until the meat is tender.














    For the Basil and Olive Oil Pasta Salad

    I love making pasta salad but I always make the same recipe and wanted to try something new, so I have no idea how this one tastes!! I brought it in to work today with the corned beef and I hope it goes over well! OH and it is green prefect fo St Patty's Day!!!














    INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 (16 ounce) package radiatore pasta

  • 1 tomato, seeded and diced ( I bought a can of diced tomatoes with onions and green peppers in it)

  • 1/2 cup olive oil

  • 3/8 teaspoon garlic

  • 1/2 cup basil leaves and parsley, mixed together

  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

  • salt and pepper to taste



  • DIRECTIONS:

    1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. 
    2. In a large bowl, gently toss the cooked pasta with tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese and basil/ parsley. Season with salt and pepper. 


      Bon Appetit!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment