Thursday, March 24, 2011

Recipe #12 Quick Pasta Sauce

So this week I feel it is pasta themed!!! I decised to try a homemade quick and easy pasta sauce! Yum! I feel it was better than any Olive Garden if I do say so myself!!!













Ingredients:

  • 1 pound lean ground beef

  • 1 1/3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste

  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix

  • 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (I used the one that has green peppers and onions in the can)

  • 1 cup water

  • 1/4 tablespoon dried basil

  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced

  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano

  • salt and pepper to taste



  • Directions:
    1. In a large skillet cook ground beef. Mix in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion soup mix, water, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
    2. Simmer until heated through. Serve with any type of noodles!


    BON APPETIT!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment