Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recipe #2 Classic Egg Salad

So I made this last night around 9:45pm for lunch today. I made some changes to the original recipe I found from allrecipes.com. The original asked for 6 eggs but I did 9, it looked a little runny and I personally like my egg salad thicker. It also asked for 1/4 cup of celery, sliced but I don't like really soft foods with hard crunchy things in it... just saying! So this is my all new modified egg salad recipe. The girls at work are eating it right now and they think it is great, or they are lying to me.. I am not quite sure! But score one for Pam!!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 9 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise, I used the olive oil mayo... really good! And it is low fat! 
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 10 dill pickle chips, sliced 
                                                                   DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a medium size pot place all 9 eggs in and fill with water until all the eggs are completely submerged. Once the water is boiling let the eggs boil for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the water and let the eggs cool down.
  2. Peel off the egg shells and slice them up. Place in a bowl and combine with mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and pickles.
You can serve it on shredded lettuce, or what we did at work today is put it on hoggie bread with shredded lettuce and colby jack cheese! YUM
                                                           Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment