Monday, March 14, 2011

Recipe #4 Homemade Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

So spring is almost here and I figured I would make some chicken noodle soup before the weather gets to warm. There are alot of ways to make chicken noodle soup, I like to make mine in a slow cooker because the chicken just falls apart in your mouth! Yummy! So here is my own recipe! I should so come out with a cookbook!! And according to a friend I'm Martha Stewart:)






Serving Size: 6

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut up

  • 4 cups chicken broth

  • 2 cups water

  • 1 onion, chopped

  • 2 stalks celery, chopped

  • 3/4 cup carrots, sliced

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic

  • pinch of parsley flakes and oregano

  • 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles



  • DIRECTIONS:
    1. Place cut up chicken, chicken broth, water, onion, celery, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley and oregano into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. I cooked mine on high.
    2. In a pot on the stove boil water for the noodles. Once the water is boiling add the noodles and cook for how long the package says, usually about 10 minutes.
    3. Drain the water from the noodles and add to the slow cooker. Cook for about 5 minutes then turn off!

    Bon Appetit!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment