Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recipe #43 Banana cupcakes and buttercream frosting

My boyfriend's birthday was the last week of September and I wanted to make him a cake. Well I ended up buying a mini cupcake pan and a new frosting bag with tips so I figured I would make him cupcakes instead. He sent me a recipe through my facebook for pumpkin cupcakes (which the recipe for that will come soon) that I know he wanted and looked awesome so I was going to make him those but keep it a surprise! Well his brother came into town and his family had a get together and his mom made the cupcakes! His sister saw them on my facebook and thought it was a good idea!! So now I had to find something else!! So this is what I came up with... banana cupcakes! Yummy!




INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup shortening

  • 1 1/2 cups sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas

  • 1/4 cup buttermilk

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • chocolate for topping



  • DIRECTIONS:

    1. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture. Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
    2. Bake at 350 degrees  for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

    BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:

    INGREDIENTS:

    3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
    1 pound confectioners’ sugar, sifted
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


    DIRECTIONS:

    Mix together for 2 minutes and frosting cupcakes.

    BON APPETIT!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment