Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recipe #67 Chicken Paprikash Soup with Dumplings

I love chicken paprikash! It is no secret. I have a recipe on here that I make at least twice a month. So my boyfriend and I went to the westside market and we got soup at this local place and I got chicken paprikash soup. It was soooo good! So I decided to look up recipes and I found a couple and kinda of picked what I wanted from each and this is what I came up with!





INGREDIENTS:

1/4 lb. butter

2 cups onion, diced

1 cup celery, diced

2 tbsp. Hungarian paprika

1/2 cup flour

1 qt. milk

2 tbsp. tomato paste

2 cups canned tomatoes, diced

1 – 32 oz. box Chicken Stock

1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup of sour cream (I used heavy cream)

2 lbs. cooked chicken meat, shredded

2 lbs. pre-cooked dumplings

Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

In a large soup pot, melt the butter and sauté the onion and celery until soft. Add the paprika and

continuously stir for 1 minute. Add the flour and stir to make a roux. Add the milk all at once

and stir while coming to a boil. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Add the tomato

paste, diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes. Adjust the

seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the heavy cream and stir. Add the chicken meat and the

spaetzel. Heat through and serve.

Makes 8 servings

BON APPETIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment