Thursday, February 13, 2014

Recipe #93 Baked Ziti

I was standing in line ready to check out and I always flip through the cooking magazines while I wait. Well I came across this recipe so I figured I would try it out and plus my husband kept telling me that he wanted something new! I changed it up a little and I call this a grown up version of rigatoni!



INGREDIENTS:
  • 12 oz uncooked ziti. I used penna
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic
  • 1 jar (24oz) spaghetti sauce
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 carton (15 oz) ricotta cheese
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until it is in longer pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce
2. In a bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Pour cheese mixture over cooked pasta.
3. Spoon 1/3 of the meat mixture on the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Top with half of the pasta, repeat layers until you end with meat mixture on top.
4. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

BON APPETIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment